At thirtyone:eight we believe that the creation of safer places starts with enabling leaders to lead in a healthier, more honest and clear way. So we've teamed up with our friends at Forge Leadership, specialists in character-based leadership development, to develop this brand new two-day course aimed at helping leaders do just that.
Who is it for?
This course is for anyone in a leadership role as a Christian where they have oversight of people, resources and plans. Typically this will be a lead or associate pastor or a member of a leadership team, a CEO or member of a senior leadership team of a small or medium-sized charity or business, or a department head or manager within a larger corporate structure.
- To help leaders understand the importance of safer, healthier leadership; its character and practices that support the maintenance of safer, healthier cultures and environments.
- To help leaders become more secure in their identity, more invested in their character development and more determined to tackle the dark side of their own leadership.
- To help leaders understand more clearly how important their spiritual formation, identity in Christ, integrity and character are to their influence as leaders.
- To help leaders to identify issues in their own leadership that are not leading to healthy, safer cultures through the application of tools and resources.
- To help leaders identify issues in their culture that may potentially hinder the development of safer, unhealthier environments.
- To develop a clear action plan for individual and corporate action.
- Why creating safer, healthier places is important
- The Biblical imperative
- What got you here won't get you there
- Integrity - at the heart of it all
- The challenge of authentic leadership
- The dark side
- Panning for gold
- Creating a personal action plan
- Finishing well
£150 per person. This includes all training materials, lunch and refreshments on both days. Accommodation not provided.
We don't currently have any sessions scheduled for this training course, although we are regularly booking dates so do check back again soon. Alternatively please check with our office on 0303 003 1111 (option 3) for the latest available dates.
I’m passionate about raising up a generation of leaders who are clear about their identity, have a strong sense of belief and a core inner strength that leads them to have extraordinary influence. Before starting Forge Leadership, I led Samaritan’s Purse UK as Chief Executive from 2003 to 2017 after a successful business career in the telecommunications industry, where I was a Senior Manager at a large Telecommunications Company. My strengths are in ideation, developing others, strategic thinking, connecting disparate pieces of the jigsaw and activation. My focus at Forge Leadership is on helping other people reach their full potential.
Over the last 25 years I've worked in a variety of youth work, social work and related settings in both the statutory and voluntary sector, predominantly focused on children, young people and their families. I've spent a number of years in local church leadership and governance in a thriving City church in the South West of England. In my role as CEO at thirtyone:eight, my focus is on all areas of safeguarding practice in faith contexts and particularly the integration of good leadership and safer organisational cultures. I'm passionate about advocating for issues of justice, the protection of vulnerable people, and authentic leadership.