The aim of this course is to understand the need for safeguarding coordinators/leads to have an enhanced awareness of safeguarding within a faith group context over and above that of staff or volunteers for which they are the point of contact.
Who is it for?
This course is designed Specifically for safeguarding coordinators and those who hold lead responsibilities for safeguarding both children and adults within their church, organisation or charity. The course builds upon the learning gained from attending our core courses and there is an expectation that those who attend this course have already completed basic safeguarding training whether with Thirtyone:eight or elsewhere.
This interactive programme is delivered over a full day from 10am - 4pm with a 45 minute break for lunch. Our professional and experienced trainer will use a range of methods to engage delegates from presentation slides to audio visual clips and small group exercises. The session is varied and delivered at a steady pace for those who are familiar with safeguarding terminology.
This course has four modules.
Increase Knowledge of Safeguarding
- Understanding how attitudes and values impact on decision making and judgements
- Safeguarding in organisations, the legal imperative
- A commitment to safeguarding
- Policies and Procedures
- Codes of conduct
Roles and Responsibilities
- The Safeguarding Lead/Coordinator Role
- Recommended role profile
- Guidelines and Accountability
- Health Check the organisation - Audit
- Promoting and raising awareness of the role
Managing Thresholds and Expectations
- Distinguishing between a welfare concern or safeguarding matter
- Managing the wider and longer impact of abuse
- Responding and supporting appropriately
- Early Help and Pastoral support
- Safeguarding Central log
- Responding to Concerns
- Responding to Disclosures
- The LADO process
- Managing those who pose a risk
|Swanley||Wednesday 11th September||Book here|
|Belfast||Thursday 3rd October||Book here|
|Colwall||Wednesday 9th October||Book here|
|Crawley||Friday 18th October||Book here|
|Frinton-on-Sea||Friday 1st November||Book here|
|Manchester||Wednesday 6th November||Book here|
|Matlock||Thursday 7th November||Book here|
|Swanley||Thursday 21st November||Book here|
|Barnstaple||Monday 25th November||Book here|
|Norwich||Saturday 30th November||Book here|
|Uttoxeter||Saturday 11th January 2020||Book here|
|Crewe||Saturday 29th February 2020||Book here|
|Swanley||Wednesday 4th March 2020||Book here|
Not yet a member?
Get help, resources and advice that are right for your organisation from people who care and understand, plus get discounts on selected products and services along with all the benefits of being part of a supportive community of thousands of organisations nationwide.Find out more