The aim of the course is to enable those working in the church or faith-based sector to understand their governance role as a trustee and to enhance their knowledge of their safeguarding duties and responsibilities.
Who is it for?
This course has been developed specifically for those with trustee and leadership roles carrying overall responsibility for a church or faith-based organisation that holds charitable status. The course will build upon existing safeguarding knowledge so previous foundation level training is recommended in order to participate.
This is a half day interactive programme delivered over a morning/afternoon or as a two and a half hour webinar. Our professional and experienced trainers use a range of learning methods to engage delegates. The session is varied and delivered at a steady pace for those who are familiar with safeguarding terminology.
This course has three modules.
The safeguarding landscape within the charitable sector
- Exploring current influences on the safeguarding landscape
- Lessons learnt from public inquiries
- Understanding charity commission guidance
- Implications for overseas and international work
Essential requirements for effective safeguarding governance
- Key safeguarding priorities for trustees
- Leadership and accountability
- The charity and beneficiaries
- People and risk
Responding to and reporting serious incidents
- Liaising with external bodies and statutory agencies
- Managing internal processes and expectations
- Reporting serious incidents
- Creating a culture of transparency, learning and review
|Tuesday 8th December 10:00 - 12:30||Book|
|Monday 11th January 18:30 - 21:00||Book|
|Tuesday 19th January 10:00 – 12:30||Book|
|Monday 15th February 18:30 - 21:00||Book|
|Tuesday 30th March 10:00 - 12:30||Book|
We don't currently have any face-to-face sessions scheduled for this training course, although we are regularly booking dates so do check back again soon. Alternatively please check with our office on 0303 003 1111 (option 3) for the latest available dates.
Not yet a member?
Get help, resources and advice that are right for your organisation from people who care and understand, plus get discounts on selected products and services along with all the benefits of being part of a supportive community of thousands of organisations nationwide.Find out more