Thirtyone:eight have partnered with RESTORED to deliver this 3-hour training course on Domestic Abuse. This course will explore and raise awareness of the prevalence and impact of Domestic Abuse encouraging all who attend to understand that the church is not immune from these issues and that they can take action to address this form of abuse. This course is for anyone who is passionate about preventing Domestic Abuse and helping those who are in such situations to access the right support.
This is a half-day interactive programme delivered over a morning or an afternoon. Our professional and experienced trainer will use a range of methods to engage delegates from presentation slides to audiovisual clips and small group exercises. The session is quite varied and is delivered at a steady pace for those who are already familiar with some safeguarding terminology.
- What is domestic abuse and who is most affected by it?
- The prevalence of Domestic Abuse
- The impact of Domestic Abuse on Children
- Power and Control including non-violent coercion
- Strategies to support those affected by Domestic Abuse
- Responding to Domestic Abuse
- Theology and Biblical implications
- An opportunity to develop your own action plan for your church or organisation
We don't currently have any face-to-face sessions scheduled for this training course, although we are regularly booking dates so do check back again soon. Alternatively please check with our office on 0303 003 1111 (option 3) for the latest available dates.
Not yet a member?
Get help, resources and advice that are right for your organisation from people who care and understand, plus get discounts on selected products and services along with all the benefits of being part of a supportive community of thousands of organisations nationwide.Find out more