This course assists churches, places of worship, and organisations to develop a broad and sound understanding of the safeguarding task specifically in relation to children and young people. This course is designed to equip you with the necessary tools to create robust safeguarding arrangements. Anyone who works or volunteers directly with children and young people will benefit such as crèche workers and children and youth workers. This course should be viewed as the first step before moving on to any of our advanced and specialist modules.
This interactive webinar lasts 2.5 hours and is delivered over a morning or an afternoon.
The course will be presented by one of our team of professional and experienced trainers and will include presentation slides, film clips and small group exercises to help delegates learn the content effectively. As a foundation level course it is designed to be accessible by anyone at any level of the safeguarding learning journey.
The course covers the following four modules:
Become a member today
Understanding the Safeguarding task
- What is abuse and who are the perpetrators?
- Developments in safeguarding and emerging themes
- Developing a balanced approach to safeguarding
- Understanding your unique role and responsibilities
- Statutory definitions of abuse
Signs, Indicators and Effects of Abuse
- Signs and indicators of abuse in children
- Grooming and the power of secrets
- Exploring additional factors (race and culture, long-term effects, forgiveness)
- Understanding your church/organisation and their responsibilities
- The role of the Safeguarding Co-ordinator
- Responding to concerns or suspicions of abuse
- Responding to a disclosure of abuse
- Understanding the role and responsibilities of the statutory authorities
- Adopting effective policies and procedures
- Establishing codes of conduct
- Managing those who may pose a risk
- Principles of safer recruitment
- Training and supporting workers
Not yet a member?
Get help, resources and advice that are right for your organisation from people who care and understand, plus get discounts on selected products and services along with all the benefits of being part of a supportive community of thousands of organisations nationwide.Find out more