This course is for people who have the role of safeguarding coordinator or who hold lead responsibility for safeguarding children and adults within their church, organisation or charity. The aim of this course is to equip them with an enhanced awareness of safeguarding specifically within a faith context over and above that of other staff or volunteers for which they are the point of contact.
The course builds upon the learning gained from attending our core courses and delegates will be required to have completed basic safeguarding training whether with Thirtyone:eight or elsewhere.
This interactive webinar is delivered over two consecutive sessions, each lasting 2.5 hours. Delegates will need to attend both sessions in order to complete the course. Modules one and two will be covered in session one, modules three and four will be covered in session two.
The course will be presented by one of our team of professional and experienced trainers and will include presentation slides,film clips and small group exercises to help delegates learn the content effectively. The session is delivered at a steady pace for those who are familiar with safeguarding terminology.
1. Increased knowledge of safeguarding
- Understanding how attitudes and values impact on decision making and judgements
- Safeguarding in organisations, the legal imperative
- A commitment to safeguarding
- Policies and Procedures
- Codes of conduct
2. Roles and Responsibilities
- The Safeguarding Coordinator/Lead role
- Recommended role profile
- Guidelines and accountability
- Health check the organisation - Audit
- Promoting and raising awareness of the role
3. Managing thresholds and expectations
- Distinguishing between a welfare concern or safeguarding matter
- Managing the wider and longer impact of abuse
- Responding and supporting appropriately
- Early help and pastoral support
- Safeguarding central log
4. Taking action
- Responding to concerns
- Responding to disclosures
- The LADO process
- Managing those who pose a risk
Not yet a member?
Get help, resources and advice that are right for your organisation from people who care and understand, plus get discounts on selected products and services along with all the benefits of being part of a supportive community of thousands of organisations nationwide.Find out more