This course is for those with a responsibility for implementing safer recruitment processes in their organisations, whether churches, faith-based organisations, charities, community groups, local authorities or other organisations providing a service to children, young people and adults. It covers the safer recruitment processes, decision making, and developing safer cultures. The aim of this course is to understand the need for Safer Recruitment through the recruitment process.
This interactive webinar is delivered over two consecutive sessions, each lasting 2.5 hours. Delegates will need to attend both sessions in order to complete the course. Modules one and two will be covered in session one, modules three and four will be covered in session two.
The course will be presented by one of our team of professional and experienced trainers and will include presentation slides,film clips and small group exercises to help delegates learn the content effectively. The session is delivered at a steady pace for those who are familiar with safeguarding terminology.
Become a member today
1. Understanding the Safeguarding Task
- What is abuse and who are the perpetrators?
- Developments in safeguarding and emerging themes
- Developing a balanced approach to safeguarding
- Understanding your unique role and responsibilities
- Statutory definitions of abuse
2. Recruitment Processes
- Features of a safer recruitment process.
- Sending the right messages to potential applicants.
- The application form
- References and referees
- Selection criteria and short-listing
3. Making the right decision
- Selecting the right candidate and the possible costs of appointing someone who is unsuitable
- Selection tools
- Using structured interviews and interview questions
- Taking account of criminal record information
- Pre-employment checks
4. Developing Safer Cultures
- The need for ongoing awareness and vigilance
- Key features of a safer culture
- Managing allegations
- Next steps and developing your own action plan
Not yet a member?
Get help, resources and advice that are right for your organisation from people who care and understand, plus get discounts on selected products and services along with all the benefits of being part of a supportive community of thousands of organisations nationwide.Find out more