This webinar will explore the issue of spiritual abuse in the Church and Christian organisations. It will look at how to respond well, the importance of policy and procedure and the characteristics of a healthy Christian culture. This learning will facilitate a better understanding and underpin effective prevention and response.
This interactive webinar lasts 2.5 hours and is delivered over a morning or an afternoon.
The course will be presented by one of our team of professional and experienced trainers and will include presentation slides,film clips and small group exercises to help delegates learn the content effectively. The session is delivered at a steady pace for those who are familiar with safeguarding terminology.
Become a member today
Understanding Spiritual Abuse
- What is spiritual abuse?
- Who are the perpetrators and where does it happen?
- What are the key characteristics of spiritual abuse?
Understanding The Impact of Spiritual Abuse
- What are the different impacts of spiritual abuse?
- How can an experience affect faith?
Responding well to Spiritual Abuse
- How to respond well to spiritual abuse
- The importance of policy and procedure
- Pathways for referral
- Characteristics of a healthy Christian culture
- Being part of the culture
- Looking to the future
Not yet a member?
Get help, resources and advice that are right for your organisation from people who care and understand, plus get discounts on selected products and services along with all the benefits of being part of a supportive community of thousands of organisations nationwide.Find out more