This webinar is for those who have a trustee or leadership role in any organisation that holds charitable status and will explore their governance role as a trustee and enhance your knowledge of your safeguarding duties and responsibilities.
This interactive webinar lasts 2.5 hours and is delivered over a morning or an afternoon.
The course will be presented by one of our team of professional and experienced trainers and will include presentation slides, film clips and small group exercises to help delegates learn the content effectively.
The session is delivered at a steady pace for those who are familiar with safeguarding terminology.
The safeguarding landscape within the charitable sector
- Exploring current influences on the safeguarding landscape
- Lessons learnt from public inquiries
- Understanding charity commission guidance
- Implications for overseas and international work
Essential requirements for effective safeguarding governance
- Key safeguarding priorities for trustees
- Leadership and accountability
- The charity and beneficiaries
- People and risk
Responding to and reporting serious incidents
- Liaising with external bodies and statutory agencies
- Managing internal processes and expectations
- Reporting serious incidents
- Creating a culture of transparency, learning and review
Not yet a member?
Get help, resources and advice that are right for your organisation from people who care and understand, plus get discounts on selected products and services along with all the benefits of being part of a supportive community of thousands of organisations nationwide.Find out more