Need help with your check?
Before you start
Your organisation should have:
- Given you a self-declaration form to complete, sign, and return to them.
- Given you a copy or link to its Equal Opportunities Policy and Handling of DBS Information Policy.
- Given you its Organisation reference and Organisation code to use in your application.
- Told you the type of check to apply for - Standard, Enhanced, or Basic.
- ID documents such as your Driving Licence, Passport and National Insurance number (if you don't have these see the DBS website for a list of other documents that can be accepted)
- Your address history for the last 5 years (if you don't have this see the DBS website on what to include)
Any errors on the application will cause delays so if you have any questions please check before you submit.
It is against the law for an organisation to submit a Standard, Enhanced, or Enhanced with Barred List(s) DBS Check, if the role you have applied for is not eligible for that type of check. If you have been asked to apply for one of these but believe the level of check is wrong, please click here for more information.