To assist churches, places of worship, and organisations to develop a broad and sound understanding of the safeguarding task specifically in relation to children and young people. This course is designed to equip attendees with the necessary tools to create robust safeguarding arrangements.
Who is it for?
This course will benefit all who work or volunteer directly with children and young people such as crèche workers and children and youth workers. As a foundation level course it is designed to be accessed by anyone at any level of the safeguarding learning journey.
This course should be viewed as the first step before moving on to any of our advanced and specialist modules.
This is a half day interactive programme delivered over a morning or an afternoon. Our professional and experienced trainer will use a range of methods to engage delegates from presentation slides to audio visual clips and small group exercises. The session is varied and delivered at a reasonable pace for those who are particularly new to safeguarding.
This course has four modules.
Understanding the Safeguarding task
- What is abuse and who are the perpetrators?
- Developments in safeguarding and emerging themes
- Developing a balanced approach to safeguarding
- Understanding your unique role and responsibilities
- Statutory definitions of abuse
Signs, Indicators and Effects of Abuse
- Signs and indicators of abuse in children
- Grooming and the power of secrets
- Exploring additional factors (race and culture, long-term effects, forgiveness)
- Understanding your church/organisation and their responsibilities
- The role of the Safeguarding Co-ordinator
- Responding to concerns or suspicions of abuse
- Responding to a disclosure of abuse
- Understanding the role and responsibilities of the statutory authorities
- Adopting effective policies and procedures
- Establishing codes of conduct
- Managing those who may pose a risk
- Principles of safer recruitment
- Training and supporting workers
Host this course
We offer the opportunity to host this course for up to 20 delegate at your own venue. To find out more about hosting a course click here.
|Bryn||Saturday 7th September||Book here|
|Chelmsford||Saturday 7th September||Book here|
|Uxbridge||Saturday 14th September||Book here|
|Wooler||Saturday 14th September||Book here|
|Romford||Saturday 21st September||Book here|
|Brentfield||Saturday 5th October||Book here|
|Marlow||Saturday 5th October||Book here|
|Thrapston, Northamptonshire||Saturday 12th October||Book here|
|Swanley||Tuesday 15th October||Book here|
|Felixstowe||Saturday 19th October||Book here|
|Stockport||Saturday 19th October||Book here|
|Reading||Friday 25th October||Book here|
|Tonypandy||Saturday 2nd November||Book here|
|Weymouth||Saturday 2nd November||Book here|
|Reading||Saturday 9th November||Book here|
|London||Saturday 16th November||Book here|
|Brighouse||Saturday 16th November||Book here|
|Birmingham||Saturday 23rd November||Book here|
|Thame||Saturday 11th January 2020||Book here|
|Bridgend||Saturday 11th January 2020||Book here|
|Birmingham||Saturday 11th January 2020||Book here|
|Chiswick||Saturday 18th January 2020||Book here|
|Barnstaple||Saturday 25th January 2020||Book here|
|Swanley||Thursday 6th February 2020||Book here|
Not yet a member?
Get help, resources and advice that are right for your organisation from people who care and understand, plus get discounts on selected products and services along with all the benefits of being part of a supportive community of thousands of organisations nationwide.Find out more